Sunday, March 1, 2009

Second Grade......if I may boast....



When I started this blog, I saw it as an opportunity to expose some of my opportunities and work as a photographer - things that I otherwise may not be able to display through my website.  I haven't really had a plan, but I update here and there and sometimes it has turned more about home life than work.....but I've enjoyed sharing my excitement for my children.

Our household has been buzzin' like bees for the last couple of weeks with talks from my daughter about her upcoming play.......there couldn't have been more excitement Friday morning while she was making sure she had everything needed for her costume.  We were busy digging through dress-up drawers and braiding hairs like it was Broadway......and to her it was.

With a total of 6 "mini" plays, the entire 2nd grade had more confidence and stage presence along with several knee-slappin' moments!  Surprisingly, it wasn't another one of those school functions that makes you want to get your wrist with a dull butter knife.  They did a GREAT job.  Sadly, I remember my 3rd grade play just like it was yesterday - Let George Do It.  To think that this sweet child will be grown before she knows it makes my heart sad.  I'm going to make a special effort to sit down and enjoy her as she is....today.

1 comment:

  1. "You've racked your brains long enough come on and go"!!!!! Now as me about yesterday and I can't tell you a thing! Enjoy EVERY second they will be gone before you know it!

    ReplyDelete