Friday, August 28, 2009

Cashiers, North Carolina









I am lucky enough to be in the mountains of North Carolina this weekend to shoot a wedding. Fortunately for me, my sister has a place up here so I am staying with her. Since my sweet husband is so busy, I've got the children with me......and oh how wonderful it is. We are having a ball hiking around picking blackberries in the 65 degree weather....overlooking the lush green, foggy mountains. (Look through the doorway of the front door....you can see through the house and then the mountain picture is taken from the back porch.)

We've already had hot chocolate around the fire this morning (yes, we needed a fire...and wanted one) and we are about to have soup out on the porch...by the fire. Could it get any cozier?

(I LOVE catching a sweet moment like this between any of my children....a little arm of support...)

Incredibly beautiful up here!! ....Check out the sunset with the clouds over the mountains.

5 comments:

  1. so pretty i call a girls weekend for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aunt trav, i am loving keeping up with your blog! what great pictures! - cis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cissy, I LOVE hearing from you - can't wait to get together at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for capturing that beautiful misty sunset. I will cherish the pictures of the children hiking up the mountain and picking blackberries as well. It was great having you and hope you'll get back up here soon. Thayer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see everyone for Thanksgiving!!! Our new adventure to NC is going to be great. Travis your incredible pictures have gotten us so excited. BTW I don't know if you saw my text but the "Wedgie" pic is priceless!!! Love it.. Thanks again for Darius! Love ya,Lyn

    ReplyDelete