Monday, August 31, 2009

High Hampton Wedding!























(I went back and added some images to this entry.....I couldn't resist because when I was editing, I came across more and more pictures of sheer HAPPINESS and I think we could all enjoy a little of that. You think this was a great day for them or WHAT?! Check out that vulcan death grip they've got on each other.....they ain't going anywhere without each other anytime soon.)

"Wow!" is all I can say after this weekend. Kim and Dan got married at High Hampton Inn in Cashiers, North Carolina. This is, by far, one of the most peaceful and beautiful settings that I have ever shot. I can't decide if the green, lush and mountainous scenery set the laid back tone for the weekend....or if the bride and groom's comfort and joy set the tone......but between the two, it was a fantastic celebration surrounded by close friends, family and perfect weather. I must admit, when Kim told me she was getting married in August, all I could think was "MUGGY".....but not so in the North Carolina mountains.

The ceremony was followed by a rockin' reception where the Blue Dogs played to a room full of fans. This wasn't one of those weddings that takes 10 songs to get the grandparents to finally dance......they had people ready to roll with the first song.

I promised Kim and Dan I'd get a sneak peak up by Sunday night, so I need to apologize that I didn't make it......that mountain air causes one to sleep late and gettin' down the mountain takes a little while ;) Thanks for a great time.....

Oh, they are big golfers and he proposed to her on their favorite hole with that Caddy outfit as a present....and put her new last name on the back and a ring in the pocket.....sooo it made sense to let who was there to celebrate the nuptials to sign it....I love those stories.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the "Fluff-N-Fold")

1 comment:

  1. You have such a talent. You're not just a photographer, you make it art!

    ReplyDelete