Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mazal Tov!


Sadie and Josh (John, Jason, James...?) were married Sunday night....one of the coldest nights of the year so far!  I have photographed Sadie and her siblings a couple of times before....and then, of course, her bridal portrait - so I knew I was in for a good time.  These 4 siblings genuinely enjoy each other's company and love to laugh.
I met Josh once before the wedding - and I immediately told Sadie's mom, "What a nice guy."  Josh stopped me at least twice during one of the biggest and busiest nights of his life to say, "Thank you."  Simple gesture - but how thoughtful.

So while Sadie was having her hair and make-up done (not a fan of hairspray!)...mom slipped her a little something she's been keeping since her wedding...




The pictures will do a lot of the talking....but they wanted a laid back, fun night - and I think based on their shoe choice....they got it!






Check out the flowers...palmetto roses!




I won't embarrass myself by trying to act as if I am super familiar with what takes place at a jewish wedding.  I was, however, intrigued by the rituals and traditions that took place.  After the groom processes down the aisle with his parents and the bride follows suit with hers.....the bride, bride's mother and the groom's mother circle the groom 7 times.



The ceremony was beautiful and a GREAT time was had by all afterwards!


He kept his eye on the lemonade all night....


First dance with husband.....and then grandfather.....









To give you a little history to set up the pictures below......back when the bride's parents were married, tablecloths were tied together and they jumped rope......let's just say.....the tradition lives on......

BRIDE AND GROOM


BRIDE'S BROTHERS with dad at the handle....Check out the placement of brother-mullet's legs and rope....yikes.



MOTHER still has it...






BRIDE with all three siblings....impressive


Hostess with the mostess!



A little more craziness, some ice cream and fun.....








...before the new bride and groom pedaled away on a bicycle built for two.....!





Thanks, again, for including me.  I had a blast and will let you know when I am done editing.....and the rest go up.  Happy travels to your new home!

1 comment:

  1. Trav, I love Sadie's mom...I can totally see her jumping rope on her wedding day...I know it was a blast!!! Congrats, M, looks like ya'll pulled off a grand affair...

    ReplyDelete