Thursday, February 18, 2010

SNOW in Charleston!*!*!*!

Our bedroom door.....how great to go to bed with this outside!
Not pure white snow....but close....excuse the palm tree, we're trying to make a snowman here!

A nice little snow ball in the face from little brother!

So last Friday I pick up my children from school.....only to deliver some really rotten news to my 12 year old that his youth group ski trip had been cancelled due to bad weather. Needless to say, the mood was....well, teenagerish and not good. So I quickly got to work on trying to coordinate him joining some friends at a movie.....and all was well within a few hours.

So, while he was inside the movie (in his short-sleeved shirt, because, "MOM, I'm Fine!") - the flakes started falling...and sticking....and falling.... So they came out of their movie to a blanket of white and I was especially excited for him. My husband and I were at home with the other two dressing them up and throwing snowballs! My youngest kept saying his face was cold.....so he made a homemade mask - paperplate, eye holes cut out and a rubber band around the head to keep it on. Fantastic.

We built a snowman the next morning, carrot-nose, scarf, the whole bit - and it lasted....for a couple of days - but the snow on the ground was gone by the afternoon. Perfect. The children had a BLAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment