Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catwalk for Kids













I know I've been talking a lot about the MUSC Children's Hospital.....but I really do enjoy giving my time up there. When you've stood over your baby in NNICU....whether the problem is big or small - it's huge to a mama. Sooo, I enjoy giving back to parents and patients up there.

This morning I was up there while Mary Norton (you may remember MooRoo handbags) helped local celebrities design handbags with the children. These will be auctioned off tomorrow at the Catwalk for Kids show for Charleston Fashion Week. There were a few cast members from 'Army Wives' ...musicians Edwin McCain, Darius Rucker and Dean Felber.....Darcy Shankland and Ayoka Lucas from Charleston Magazine...Brett McKee, the chef from Oak Steakhouse...Ovie Mughelli from the Atlanta Falcons and others. The children had a BLAST putting together feathers, jewels, fabrics and trim to make all sorts of beautiful bags. I'm excited to see what tomorrow's auction brings!
UPDATE: They made over $200,000 for the pediatric oncology department! Incredible!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day...everyone was so great! Thanks for taking amazing photos once again mrs. dew. Your the best

    ReplyDelete