Monday, March 8, 2010

My new calling cards!!





I think you know you love what you do when you keep tracking the shipment on your new calling cards....(I mean really, business cards people!) But, I must say, I'm EXTREMELY happy with how they turned out. My new friend at pixelimpress was very patient with me and I am digging my new gift certificates as well (...kind of like a 4th grade love note "will you go with me, check yes or no")!! Thanks, again, Pam - I LOVE them!

Looking forword to tonight....it's off to the ballet with my daughter - Girls' Night Out!

On a funny side note - at least once a day I get a comment or confusion about my name. People are forever looking for the 'guy', Travis. I once had traded phone messages (yes, waaay back when a receptionist took a message on the pink little form "While You Were Out") with someone and finally, we connected on the phone and she was so taken aback that I was a girl...she got the giggles. Bad. She couldn't recover and had to hang up and call me back. I thought it was hysterical.

Then there's that time when I was serving dinner at the Children's Hospital....and this parent wanted to personally thank us so she asked us our names. It got to me and I told her....and she looked at me like she was scared. "FOR REAL? No way....come on, tell me your real name." This went on long enough for me to have to pull out my driver's license and for her to call her husband and tell him the big news that she had met a girl named Travis. And then she says, "No, I'm not gonna ask her that!" .....I pulled it out of her..."He wanted to know if you used to be a man."

So fast forward to today and I'm getting my haircut by this person with crazy red hair sort of bob length but frizzed out, hoop earrings and a headband.....and I notice her name tag says, "Anthony" so I'm j-u-s-t about to say, "Oh, you've got a man's name too?"....and I notice a little stubble, and just as quickly I catch the middle name on the cosmetology license which says, "George"....and then, as deep as Barry White, "So, what do we want done today?" I guess the moral is...don't judge a book by it's cover...or headband....

1 comment:

  1. you're so very welcome, travis! i'm just so, so happy that you like them! pam

    ReplyDelete