Monday, March 14, 2011

Back to LIFE....back to R-E-A-L-I-T-Y

(Before this lovely, relaxing and fun post about our vacation.......I am currently defrosting a frozen-over freezer....drip drip all over the floor while trying to salvage food I'm not sure should be rescued.  I've already found a retainer in a napkin, a doggy tinkle stain and sour clothes in the wash.  It's 8:41 a.m. )


Well...my little tail has been on vacation.  As I've mentioned before, the first part of the year is funky.  Tax preparation, organization, cold weather, short days, blah blah blah.  Well.....them days is OVER.  My husband and I just kicked off the Spring season with a much-needed, much-deserved, 6-day vacation together with friends - no children.  


Did you hear that part...?....No Children.  We took the emergency break off the day-to-day schedule and got out-of-here.  We haven't been away for that long....just the 2 of us....since our honeymoon.  April 9, 1994.


We were with friends - which makes any vacation fun.  Great times, beautiful location, good people, a little sprinky sprinky of nutmeg on a fruity libation, FABULOUS food....and gut-wrenching laughter.  The kind that makes you roll tears, wet your pants and slap the person next to you.  6 whole days of it.  And...for those of you who have been waiting since the 3rd grade to get the set up of: "My face hurts."  I got it...and I got to use: "It's killin' me."  Yes...all our faces hurt.


This is where we would congregate to get a festive drink before dinner.....

Sweetest.  Couple.  Ever.


  This is "Jimmy"...


This is "Wilbert"...
(at least that's what the sign said....a little extra "t" never hurt nobody!)

And this is my husband....enjoying himself.

...this is the view from the door of our Bungalow...
Incredible.  Lie in bed...hear the waves.





Happy Couple...

Look closely....see Mr. Ray?

Reggae Beach....



Great people right here....man and wife who happen to be two of the  Greatest. Story-tellers. Around.  Each compliments the other with just the right amount of spice and zing....and everyone around them needs tissue and a Depends.  Hysterical.  Could she be any cuter?

She tried...ohh, she tried...to learn how to pop a cap on a Ting...with another Ting.

David....I'm not much into superstition or science-fiction.....and I don't get into the Loch Ness Monster....or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...but I see your two peace-wielding hands...but who/what is that under you? (It looks like...something veeery familiar...is that my husband's hand with the remote control in it?)
No....I did not photoshop your new appendage.  



Beer.  Goggles.
(If this is a mid-life crisis....go for it.  I hope she's sweet to you.)



Where did we go?  Beautiful Christophe Harbour in St. Kitts.... If you can't tell by the pictures.....we HIGHLY recommend.


Thanks to David, a/k/a "Grey-haired Dude", we were given a tour of the current development of Christophe Harbour which will include beautiful home-sites, golf course and marina....it's really unbelievable.  

This was taken from a lot site....and you can see the Club House under construction in top right.  The road up the hill there is where the last picture below was taken....


From inside the Club House that's being built for Christophe Harbour.....

 This here is called a Torture Tree.....and...I'm thinking about putting one in my yard....for those times when my husband's on my last one...last nerve, that is.  ~Chuckle~
Standing on a lot site.....now that would be something to wake up to....

Charleston Children Photographer
Charleston Wedding Photographer

4 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! Love looking at all the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are spectacular. I want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! you soooo deserved a fun break! pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete