Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Little J!!














Have I told you how much I LOVE shooting deliveries?! My day started out with one of the weirdest dreams of late. Last night, I got a call from Amy saying 'scratch my Monday induction....I'm in labor!" So I go to bed with my phone nearby only to fall into a deep sleep with dreams of a birthing procession (huh?) with Santa Claus, reindeers, classrooms full of children and they were all (yes, Santa included) singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail....Hopping down the bunny trail...." for Amy's birth. (What?) I know....but what could I do, I was asleep?

I got up to a text: "8cm"...woohooo! Amy and cute hubby James were in the new East Cooper Medical Center. Incredible. A nice little joint to delivery a munchkin for sure!

Well, at around 7:15 am, I joined the party of Amy, James, Grandmothers 1 and 2, midwife and midwife's little sister. Amy is without a doubt one of the most pleasant people I know and her great disposition carried through the entire delivery. She worked hard for ole baby J and he came out at a whopping 9lb 2oz. For the record, she guessed the weight to the ounce!

Baby J is fantastic and big sister R was excited to see him. What a beautiful morning - thanks for having me - I'll let you know when the rest go up and I'll see you in two weeks!

























































































1 comment:

  1. ahh..so sweet. how nice to have that captured. congrats Amy and James

    ReplyDelete