Friday, April 30, 2010

A little of this...and that....

I normally do a Mother's Day special.....as well as a Father's Day special....Valentine's Day, etc. Fortunately and unfortunately, I am too busy to pull off the Mother's Day special this year - however - I will be doing one for Father's Day so check back (or become a fan of Travis Dew Photography on FACEBOOK) to keep up with specials.

Looking forward to a bridal portrait this afternoon and then on to shoot a Rehearsal Dinner.....love being busy. A secret about the bride.....she's wearing tennis shoes for her wedding. The same ones she's worn at any special event she's had since high school. Love it.

Just a couple of shots that I got over my house the other weekend while the Blue Angels were in town. I was working in the yard....minding my own business.....when all of the sudden I felt like I was in a private surround- sound showing of Platoon. After I wiped the fear off my face, chills covered my body and I screamed and ran like a 5-year old to call my brother and grab my camera. My brother - is a Blue Angels pilot in his pretend life. He would love nothing more.....so I let him hear the jets go over....over the phone.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I have the top shot as my wallpaper on my computer at work. Helluva shot Travis. There was indeed a time that I truly wanted to at least take a ride in one of those suckers. I could not imagine AN NEE THING more adrenalizing! However, nowadays, with a few gray hairs, and a little less testosterone, I think a pretty good rollercoaster might make me blow chunks. Still, other than perhaps meeting a supermodel, there are few things that are as beautiful, and intimidating. Nothing compares to the wisp of the fast, low flying military jet, followed by that half-second delay, then roar of the engines. However, with the advent of these new UAV drone aircraft, it appears as though the days of the beautiful, fast, sleek, loud, powerful warbird may someday be gone. This new warbird is still powerful and mighty (in terms of taking care of the enemy), certainly more stealthy, and (the no-brainer) great at keeping our mil. personnel out of harms way. But they are as UGLY AS A DAMN DUCK!! And that stinks. http://airforces.fr/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Predator-Creech-AFB1.jpg

    ReplyDelete