Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

I didn't get my camera out as much as I should have over Thanksgiving.  Quite frankly, I did a lot of editing but took a little vacation from most of it.  We took our family to my sister's house at Lake Oconee....great time away from our everyday mayhem.  My sister, as I've said before, does a great job at creating a festive atmosphere no matter the occasion.  The smell of cider filled the house....cupcakes were made ready for the younger ones to decorate....and the darned cheese ball was a turkey!  My oldest, "R" got to go hunting for the first time....a huge milestone for him - he thought it was fantastic....sitting in a deer stand with his Daddy for a few hours.  (Sounds completely miserable to me.....but he hasn't quit talking about it and I'm so happy for him.)


 Finger lickin' turkey cupcake makin' with cousins...


A little 8-year old cousin  terrorizing the 18-year old cousin....

Thursday morning we all piled in a couple of cars and went to my other sister's house.....36 of us in total (a few were absent this year...but it's normally that many.)  I'm the baby of 8 and my youngest, "H", is the 18th grandchild.  One tradition amongst the cousins?....a secret santa swap.  If I heard about it once on the drive over....I heard it a million times.  Lawd, chile...my children love it.

One of the nicest boys around...right here.  


Having a little post-dessert rest by the pool.


Pleasant Kenson always excited to have family around.


Finally, he gets to rip into what he's been talking about for d-a-y-s.


Dessert of choice....my step-brother's famous chocolate whipped cream pie.....my "B" just LOVES it!



Love to see a little cousin support...these boys had themselves a grand time.  I think "H" still has dirt in his hair from this day.


....and, this is my nephew....and this is how he feels about my camera.


Like Travis Dew Photography on FACEBOOK

Charleston Children Photographer
Charleston Wedding Photographer

1 comment: